We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 25 June 2012

Challenge 71 Create Your Own Flowers


Challenge 71 Make Your Own Flowers
Our challenge this time around is 'Make Your Own Flowers' and we would like to see projects featuring flowers made by you, these can be ribbon, paper, fabric, die cuts, tissue, embroidered, anything you choose so long as it is hand made and not store purchased

We are sponsored this time by

who are offering a £10 voucher for their store as a prize.

At
One Stop Card Crafts we have a big range of ever changing discount making and card making craft supplies.
We are always adding to our range of craft supplies which are ideal for making handmade greeting cards, do-it-yourself invitations scrapbook pages, altered items and much more.Our card making craft supplies include free UK postage, our popular discount scheme and quick service means our customers keep coming back for more.
Our prices are very competitive and this & makes us an ideal place to buy your card making supplies online. Some of our new products include Petaloo flower layers, Ranger Glitter Glue and Martha Stewart Punches. We also host a regular challenge at http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.com/
and

$10 Gift Certificate for the Store
Digi Doodle Shop is the results of a mother and daughter’s love for the arts and crafts. It was started a little over 3 years ago with a little more than 100 stamps, and has since then grown to almost 500 stamps. Joy (the mother of this team) designs realistic images, while Judy (aka/daughter) loves the “fun side of life”, and create images with a cartoon flair. Having these two complimenting styles have enabledDigi Doodle Shop to offer a wide variety of stamps.
It is a real honor and pleasure to sponsor this challenge, and we look forward to seeing all the amazing creations. We thank the design team for their incredible creations, and wish all the participants the very best of luck in this challenge.
Thank you so much for having us, and again the very best of luck to all of you.
Sincerely,
Judy and Joy

Now over to the team to share with your how they have interpreted the challenge.

I've used our sponsor's beautiful 'Shaded Window' digi, coloued with Promarkers, and added a variety of flowers and foliage all made from punched shapes that I combined and moulded to shape.
Jackie
 For my easel card I used stamps and distress inks, spellbinder and cheery lynn dies, acetate and vellum and my flowers and leaves were made using a variety of punches.
Jack


I love making flowers using punches - and I do seem to have rather a lot of these punches, lol.  I think, in all, I used 7 different punches, but that includes the scalloped border punch.  If you look closely you can see I've used a tiny holly punch for the centre of the green flowers.

I used Stampin Up! punches to create my flower.  Three of the new Blossom punch images, one 1.25" circle and 1" circle punch plus some brads, rolling the petals of each flower, and voila!  A quick and gorgeous flower!

I used Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die to cut my flowers from copier paper. I coloured them with distress inks and shaped them until I was happy with their look, to finish the bigger flower I added a pearl.

For my card I have used a Mo Manning digi stamp which I have coloured with my ProMarkers. My DP is from a Papermania Country Companions paper pack. For my flowers I used my "Mother's Day Bouquet" Cricut cartridge and the leaves are made with a Woodware punch.

I realy enjoy making flowers, especially using my Flower Loom, adding a die cut rose to the centre. All the papers and image are from Graphic 45.


I used 'Fresh Baked Pie' digi image from Digi Doodle Shop, framed with flowers made using Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms



I made a flower using my Cameo and coloured it with Pan Patels, stamp and embossing by Hero Arts, sentiment SU.

I made a layout from my little sweetie. Used a doily and the floral die cut from Tim Holtz for my flower.

I made my flowers using the Rose Creation dies from Spellbinder. The swirls across the bottom of the card and the sentiment are new from Hobby Art.

I am afraid this will be our last challenge for a month as I am moving house next week, and will not have time to sort out the blog nor am I altogether certain my broadband will be back on too promptly, so in order to give myself a chance of getting settled the other end I will be suspending the challenges until Monday 6th August.
I applied to BT three weeks ago to move my telephone line and my ISP to move my broadband service but someone made a mistake and I have been without internet since last week! Oh how we have come to depend on the old world wide web and I have felt like I have had my right arm cut off at the elbow without it. So a word of advice, if you are planning a move, don't leave all those things you require the net for until last! I wish I had done all my internet related things before getting the packing done instead of the other way around.
This challenge will close in the normal two weeks, but I will not be announcing the winner until Monday 6th August, just before the new challenge.
When we come back we will be having a Design Team Call, so perhaps you could get your thinking caps on and see what you can come up with to inspire us if you would like to join our happy team.
At this time I sadly have to announce that Melly, Scrapcat and Sally are leaving us due to various issues and we are very sorry to see them go. I would like to wish them all well and thank them for their sterling work over the time they have been with us.


13 comments:

  1. Hi, message for Kim, I got the stamps today, thank you so much for popping the card in as well, such a nice surprise, Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a lovely challenge.
    love n hugs
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers from the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great theme for this challenge and fab cards from the DT
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. just perfect collection !! i like all of them good work keep it up i used to send cards like pakistan gifts they are lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful DT Projects!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you girls, lovely challenge and great DT work. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super challenge...love all the different styles of your DT team. I have made a simple but layered flower with my craftable die from Marianne Design...
    Ciao Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful inspiration from the DT. Thanks for the chance to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you announce a winner to Challenge #69 Distress it? I can't find it in the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work from the DT - such gorgeous florals... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great challenge and beautiful DT creations...WHAT?? No other comments??
    Love this type of challenge as it gets the mojo creative juices out and I love to make my own flowers...cheers, Aussie Annie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was hoping to join the new challenge today but I must have read it wrong, I thought it was every monday... beautiful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.